5/22/10 – Sabbath Study Notes: Study on Wisdom (Mishle/Proverbs)
Definition of the Book of Proverbs – (Chapter 1 in verses 1-4):
· How to conduct ourselves; guidance to all
· Insight, Straightness, Wisdom, Discipline, Understanding, Knowledge, Right Ruling
· Seek the Most High’s ways; not the ways of the world.
This study was inspired with the words in mind “I Don’t Understand the Word”. How do we overcome this situation? How do we obtain Wisdom from the Heavenly Father, so that we can Understand Him through His Word?
Answer: Fear of the Most High is the beginning of knowledge and Wisdom.
Proverbs 1:5 – A wise one listens; he does not reject the word and increases learning. You know someone who fears the Most High because he/she will keep His commandments, as it is written. It starts by getting to know His Word (Messiah).
2 Timothy 2:11-15 – Trustworthy is the Word; if we endure we shall reign with Him; no one is “saved”; you have to endure. You have to show yourself approved by rightly handling the Word of Truth. Need to get in the Word. “Who is rightly handling the Word in Church?” Without the Word we have no wisdom or knowledge or understanding. How do you know if what pastor is saying is right unless we check the word for ourselves? Reading the scriptures for ourselves, praying and mediating on the Word is necessary. Many don’t understand it because they don’t try to understand it. You have to approach it correctly. People always revert back to ‘concepts’ philosophized by preachers. Preachers can say anything to people because they know people don’t read. It has to be in your heart to want to deal with the Truth.
· People tend to mistake what true righteousness looks like and the church system is the greatest example of this. Most preachers just try to get the congregation charged up emotionally. Preachers wish to be revered just like the Pharisees and the Scribes during the Messiah’s time. But, is a servant greater than his Master? Our actions should always show that we truly serve the Most High. It must come from our heart in righteousness. The more of the Word that you get, the more that you will want it; it’s like being in love. The Scriptures is the only book that speaks or teaches on the Past, Present and Future. No other book teaches like this. It teaches about our spiritual Heavenly Father.
· How can you appreciate the Most High or please Him if you don’t know Him? You can’t do it without His Word first. We must believe this is His Word. If you say you believe then you will have no problem seeking to know Him through His Word.
· We have to get back to our Father as it was in the beginning through His Word only; Obedience to His Word. (John 1:1; see also verse 14; Messiah=WORD)
· Circumcision of the heart is done by the Word. We must accept the Word in order to get back to the Father.
Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the Most High is the beginning of knowledge. If we don’t fear, honor or respect Him then we are subject to do anything. Fools despise wisdom and discipline!
Know thyself – Self Control/ Stay away from unrighteousness (alcohol, drugs, whoring, etc.)
Proverbs 1:8-9 – Take heed to a Father’s discipline and Mothers Torah or guidelines are like wreath’s on our head or chains around our necks.
Proverbs 1:10-16 – Stay away from wicked people; many sale their souls for worldly gain. The devil takes you as high as you want to go. The devil offered the same to the Messiah. This road leads to an eternity of pain and destruction in the end. It’s very important for parents to seek the word. The parents teach their kids; husband teaches his wife etc.
Proverbs 1:20-33 – Fools don’t listen; History repeats itself. Wisdom cries out, but people don’t listen. The prophets cried aloud, but people rejected the truth. So then shall the same turn upon them scoffers and fools. Wise ones store up your oil in your lamps!
Proverbs 2:1 – “…accept my words and treasure up my commands with you.”; Wisdom of this instruction shows us that the commandments are important to our Creator. We must follow His guidelines for living. Let’s not be fooled by the Christian lies that we are under grace and no longer bound to follow The Most High’s laws. Treat this wisdom, knowledge, understanding and commandments like treasures! (Here’s an old saying: “Everything that glitters aint’ Gold!”)
Proverbs 2:5-8 - Yah covers the righteous
Proverbs 2:10-11 - “Wisdom enters your heart and discretion will guard you
Proverbs 2:16-19 – Stay away from false doctrines, strange gods/idols. Woman-whoring; foreign woman (Solomon was a great example of not following this command. He allowed the foreign women to turn him to worship idol gods).
Proverbs 2:20-22 – Guard the paths of righteousness; stand firm in it. For the straight and perfect remain in the earth; the wicked shall be plucked from it. In this verse, we see that we will not go to heaven, but instead we will live here on earth (Matt 6).
We reject truth, we have fallen and have been a spiritually dead people. We can’t stand to look in the mirror of Truth (through the Word). This WORD cleanses the soul and circumcises our hearts. We have to be willing to guard the paths of righteousness, but we have to want it first! Death can’t hold those walking in righteousness. We must continue to build and grow in this Word. The more we grow in His word the more we despise the ways of this world.
Proverbs 3:1-3– Let your heart watch over my commands! This is a matter of the heart (see verse 3).
Proverbs 3:4 – No one can come against the Most High who is for the righteous.
Proverbs 3:4-7 – Don’t lean on our own understanding! *If scientists were to read the scriptures they would know the answers to their findings [Flood, Watchers/Fallen Angels] In the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the Son of Man shall be in the last days. Same evil forces today as it was back then. He sealed Noah in the ark and in the last days He seals His people.
Proverbs 3:8-10 – Yah is healing to our navel and moistening to our bones. We should always be leaning on Him. Don’t keep Him in your back pockets and pull Him out only when you need Him.
Proverbs 3:11-12 – If you aren’t being disciplined by Yah then you should be worried. The wicked has their end result (see verses 32-35).
Proverbs 3:13-18 – Wisdom! Wisdom is far more precious than rubies (See also 31:10)
Proverbs 3:32-35 – Yah covers the righteous always; His curses are on the house of the wrong. He will correct those He loves.
Revelation 21:22 – This is the Kingdom and the riches that we can expect in the very end.